Dr. Poonam Parulekar
Assistant Professor, Physiotherapy
Areas of Specialisation
Cardiovascular and Respiratory Sciences
- Dr. Poonam worked at the MGM School of Physiotherapy,Navi Mumbai, as a Lecturer before joining School of Science
- She was in-charge of cardiac rehabilitation programme
- Taught ICU management skills to final year BPTh & MPTh students,
- Conducted research in physiotherapy with students/interns
- Setup first pulmonary rehabilitation program in MGM Hospital.
Areas of Research
- MPTh thesis project was entitled ‘Effect of PNF in Ventilated patients’.
- Currently, guiding three MPT students working in the area of child health and lung function.
Current Academic and non-Academic Activities
Presently, involved in various academic and administrative activities at SOS, NMIMS
Placement Advisor for MPT students.
Membership / Fellowship of Professional Societies
Life member of Indian Association of Physiotherapists
Basic Cardiac Life-support Course (American Heart Association guidelines)
Health Sciences Educational Technology (MUHS)
Official Email Id