Assistant Professor, Biological Sciences
B.Sc. (Hons.)-Microbiology, M.Sc.-Biotechnology, Ph.D.-Microbiology
Over 6 Years (post Ph.D.)
Dr. Harinder has been working with Sunandan Divatia School of Science from June 2016 and has over six years of post Ph. D. research/teaching experience. Previously, he has worked at IIT Bombay, Mumbai and Korean Atomic Energy Research Institute, South Korea as a Post-Doctoral Fellow. Before that, he has worked as Scientist in a private company for over one year and also as an Assistant Professor in an undergraduate college for one year. His major research areas has been bacterial stress biology and enzyme engineering.
Stress biology, Enzyme engineering, Oral Cancer
• Teaching Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics, Biochemistry and Microbiology to B.Sc., M.Sc., Integrated M.Sc.-Ph.D. and Ph.D. students of Biomedical and Biological Sciences.
• Editorial Assistant to the Biomedical Research Journal (BRJ).
• In-charge of the Journal and Seminar Club and member of Sports committee
1. Park S-H, Singh H, et al. (2017) PprM, a Cold Shock Domain-Containing Protein from Deinococcus radiodurans, Confers Oxidative Stress Tolerance to Escherichia coli. Front. Microbiol. 7: 2124.
2. Appukuttan D, Singh H, et al. (2015) Engineering synthetic multi-stress tolerance in Escherichia coli using a Deinococcal response regulator, DR1558. Applied and Environmental Microbiology. Accepted Dec. 2015.
3. Singh H, Appukuttan D, Lim S. (2014) Hsp20, a small heat shock protein of Deinococcus radiodurans, confers tolerance to hydrogen peroxide in Escherichia coli. Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology 24(8):1118-22.
4. Singh H, et al. (2013) High radiation and desiccation tolerance of nitrogen-fixing cultures of the cyanobacterium Anabaena sp. Strain PCC 7120 emanates from genome/proteome repair capabilities. Photosynthesis Research 118: 71-81
5. Singh H, et al. (2013) A novel radiation-resistant strain of Filobasidium sp. isolated from the West sea of Korea. Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology 23(11): 1493-1499.
6. Singh H, et al. (2010) Unusual radio-resistance in nitrogen fixing cultures of Anabaena strains. Journal of Biosciences 35: 427-434.
For complete publication list go to:
1. Priyanka, Singh H, et al. (2015) Exploring evolutionary diversity to identify putative Alcohol dehydrogenase enzymes as starting point for directed evolution. Enzyme Engineering XXIII. September 6-11, St. Petersburg, Florida, USA.
2. Wangikar PP, Singh H, et al. (2015) Engineering of Ketoreductase Enzymes For Chiral Synthesis On Industrial Scale. Enzyme Engineering XXIII. September 6-11, St. Petersburg, Florida, USA
3. Singh H, et al. (2015) Novel Alcohol Dehydrogenase Enzyme for Chiral Synthesis. BIOTRANS 2015, Jul 26-30, Vienna, Austria.
4. Wangikar PP, Singh H, et al. (2015) Cofactor Recycling System For Enzyme Mediated Asymmetric Synthesis. BIOTRANS 2015, July 26-30, Vienna, Austria.
5. Deepti H, Singh H, et al. (2013) Enhanced stress tolerance of Escherichia coli harboring a response regulator of Deinococcus radiodurans. Bioenergy Korea Conference & The 9th KSMB Annual Meeting International Symposium, 12-14 Nov, Lotte Hotel, Jeju, South Korea.
6. Deepti H, Singh H, et al. (2013) Role of Essential Response Regulator in Maintaining Homeostasis of Deinococcus radiodurans. 40th Anniversary International Symposium & Annual Meeting (ISAM), The Korean Society for Microbiology and Biotechnology (KSMB), 3-5 July, Alpensia, Pyeongchang, South Korea.
7. Singh H, et al. (2013) The effect of Deinococcal Hsp20 on Oxidative Stress Tolerance of Escherichia coli. 40th Anniversary ISAM, KSMB, 3-5 July, Alpensia, Pyeongchang, South Korea.
8. Deepti H, Singh H, et al. (2012) Involvement of two-component system in stress tolerance of Deinococcus radiodurans. Korean Society for Molecular and Cellular Biology (KSMCB) Annual Meeting, 10-12 October, COEX, Seoul, South Korea
9. Singh H, et al. (2012) Effect of the Deinococcus radiodurans hsp20 and pprM on the Resistance of Escherichia coli to DNA Damaging Agents. ISAM, KSMB, 27-29 June, BEXCO, Busan, South Korea.