Dr. Prasad Pethe
Assistant Professor, Biological Sciences
B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D.
Areas of Specialisation
Embryonic Stem Cells & Epigenetics
Dr. Prasad Pethe completed his Ph.D. from National Institute for Research in Reproductive Health (NIRRH), Mumbai. Previously he has worked as Senior Research officer at National Burns Centre and at Piramal Life Sciences Ltd.
Areas of Research
Differentiation of human pluripotent stem cells into pancreatic and neural lineage. Investigating the interactions between Polycomb Group Proteins (PcGs) and signaling pathways during stem cell differentiation.
- Pursani V, Pethe P, Bashir M, Sampath P, Tanavde V, Bhartiya D. Genetic and Epigenetic Profiling Reveals EZH2-mediated Down Regulation of OCT-4 Involves NR2F2 during Cardiac Differentiation of Human Embryonic Stem Cells. Sci Rep. 2017;7(1):13051.
- Prasad Pethe, Varsha Pursani, Deepa Bhartiya (2015). Lineage specific expression of Polycomb Group Proteins in human embryonic stem cells in vitro. Cell Biol Int, 39(5): 600-610.
- Prasad Pethe, Puman Nagvenkar, Deepa Bhartiya (2014). Polycomb group protein expression during differentiation of human embryonic stem cells into pancreatic lineage in vitro. BMC Cell Biol;15:18.
- Harsha Pawani, Punam Nagvenkar, Prasad Pethe, Deepa Bhartiya (2013). Differentiation of human ES cell line KIND2 to yield tripotent cardiovascular progenitors. In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim, 49(1): 82-93
- Prasad Pethe & Deepa Bhartiya (2012). Propagation of Human Embryonic Stem Cells: Role of TGF β. Stem Cells and Cancer Stem Cells, 6: 3-9. Doi: 10.1007/978-94-007-2993-3_1. Editor: M.A Hayat. Publisher: Springer.
- Punam Nagvenkar, Prasad Pethe, Harsha Pawani, Jyoti Telang, Neeraj Kumar, Indira Hinduja, Kusum Zaveri, Deepa Bhartiya (2011). Evaluating differentiation propensity of in-house derived human embryonic stem cell lines KIND1 and KIND2. In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim, 47(5-6): 406-419.
Received funding from Department of Science & Technology (DST-SERB for project entitled- Investigating the effect of sonic hedgehog and retinoic acid signalling on polycomb group (PcGs) proteins during pancreatic lineage differentiation from pluripotent stem cells.
For complete publication list go to:
In Workshop/Conference Proceedings
- Poster entitled “Polycomb Group Protein expression during differentiation of human embryonic stem cells into Pancreatic lineage in vitro” Prasad Pethe, Varsha Pursani, and Deepa Bhartiya, at 25th Annual Meeting of the Indian Society for the Study of Reproduction and Fertility (ISSRF) and International Conference on Reproductive Health at held at National Institute for Research in Reproductive Health (NIRRH), Mumbai in 2015.
- Poster entitled “Directed Differentiation of Human Embryonic Stem (hES) Cells towards Pancreatic Lineage” Prasad Pethe, Harsha Pawani, Punam Nagvenkar and Deepa Bhartiya, at Winter Symposium held at Christian Medical College (CMC), Vellore in 2012.
Conference / Seminars / Workshop Attended
- Involved as faculty member at the workshop on “Differentiation & Genetic Manipulation of Human Embryonic Stem Cells – Hands On Workshop” organized by Stem Cell Biology Department at NIRRH in Jan 2010.
- Attended Hands-on Flow Cytometry Workshop at NCBS-TIFR, Bangalore organized by C-CAMP and received Prof. Awatarkrishnan Award in Dec 2009.
Official Email Id
Official Phone No.