Program Director (Statistics) & Area Chairperson (Placements)
B.Sc. (Statistics), M.Sc. (Statistics), D.M.M., Six Sigma Green Belt
Statistics & Advanced Analytics, Six Sigma & Lean Sigma, Marketing Research
Analytics, Six Sigma, Marketing Research, project management & operations
Guest lectures in Mumbai University – Dept. of Statistics Kalina, Bhavan’s College, Bandorkar College, Ruia College, Xavier College, SIES College, Mithibai College, Dnyansadhana College
Research study undertaken in 2015 to study the impact of medicines sponsored by companies in pregnant woman residing in rural areas. This study was contracted by OPPI.
1. For Siemens India - Development & Implementation of forecasting model (ARIMA) for demand forecasting of switchgear products and motor
2. For Sandoz Pharma / Novartis Pharma - Implemented forecasting model as a part of MRP II and achieved 95% sales plan accuracy leading to higher operational effectiveness. This resulted in 85% increase in profits in spite of 12% increase in sales
3. For IMS Health - Transition of 40 year old product for Indian Pharma Industry RSA to SSA in 2005 (This project got Best Performance Award from Global Ims CEO)
4. For IMS Heath Information and Consulting Services India Pvt. Ltd. - Creation and Launch of H S A ( Hospital Sales Audit) in 2006
5. For IMS Heath Information and Consulting Services India Pvt. Ltd. - Launch of T S A ( Total Sales Audit) in 2011 (This project got Asia Pacific Excellence Award)
• Material and Process Optimisation for Marine Business, A project with L & T Electrical and Automation (2017)
• Application Credit Risk Scorecard Building For Used Car Loans, A project with HDFC Bank (2017)
• Social Media Analytics in Banking, A project with HDFC Bank (2017)
• Private Car Cross Sell Model, A project with HDFC Ergo (2017)
• Approaches Of Forecasting For A Call Center, A project with Epicenter Technologies (2017)
• Predictive Analytics For Identifying Potential CMS Customers, A project with Axis Bank (2017)
• Development Of Application Scorecard For Two Wheeler Loans, A project with HDFC Bank (2016)
• Flow Model Building And Monitoring At HDFC Bank, A project with HDFC Bank (2016)
• Axis Bank Home Loans – A New Approach For Strategy Refinement, A project with Axis Bank (2016)
• Credit Risk Modeling: Probability Of Default Model For Auto Loans, A project with Federal Bank (2015)
• Improving The Life Of Bladder Used In Tyre Manufacturing Industry Using Six Sigma Methodologies, A project with CEAT Tyres (2014)
• Improvement in Delivery time of a Product - Six Sigma project in (2013)
In the last five years he has guided 100+ M.Sc. Statistics students on industry projects.
He has also guided many MBA (Marketing), MBA (Pharma) and M.Sc. (Statistics) students during corporate tenure for industry projects as per the course curriculum.
He has presented a paper during international conference on industrial mathematics organized by Industrial Mathematics Group of IIT Bombay in 2002.
Professional Services / Memberships are as following:
He has 11 years of academic experience of which 5 years is full time and also has 25 years of experience in various industries namely Pharmaceutical (18 Years) , Electrical & Electronics (6+ Years). His major experience is in Pharmaceutical industry out of which 6 years in Pharma manufacturing/marketing companies and 12+ years as a service provider (information & consultancy services). He has worked both as a user and service provider of information & consultancy services.
In his current assignment at NMIMS Deemed-to-be University, as Program Director (Statistics) he is responsible for Leadership of Statistics Department at School of Science. Also a faculty in Applied Statistics & Operations, member of Board of Studies and involved in development of New Courses. He is In-Charge Project Monitoring Committee (Statistics) which consists of industry experts in analytics and who guides students in analytics Projects for Industry. Also Internal mentor to students doing projects in industry. As Area Chairperson Placements (School of Science) for Statistics, Biological Sciences, Chemical Sciences & Physiotherapy, in charge for all placement activities of school. Also gets involved in consulting work with Industry on a case to case basis.
In his last assignment at IMS Health Information & Consulting Services India Pvt. Ltd he worked as Director – Operations, South Asia for 12+ years. For the last 5 years he was responsible for data supply, production, Statistical Services, IT & development. Previous 7 years he was responsible for statistics & quality assurance. Post-merger between ims & ACNielsen ORGMARG in 2004, he was responsible for operational integration of systems/processes of ims & Nielsen. He led the new product development efforts of new sales audits which were finally launched in 2005. He further led the development efforts to launch the products Hospital Sales Audit and Total Sales Audit. He was a vital part of overall IMS India Leadership team providing strategic support in the areas of Data Supply and Management.
He worked with companies Sandoz India, Novartis Pharma, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries and IMS Health Information & Consulting Services India from the pharma / service sector. He also worked with Siemens India and Synergesic Management Consultants.
Sunil started his career with Siemens India Limited and worked for 6 ½ years with depts. Corporate marketing, Corporate planning, Strategic planning & Switchgear. He was responsible for market research for existing & new products, demand forecasting, performance analysis & strategic plan preparation.
Sunil moved to Sandoz as a Market Research Manager and was responsible for market research activities for two SBU’s conventional & specialty client unit. He implemented MRPII system in marketing & was responsible for forecasting the demand for all the products for the company. After merger of Sandoz & Ciba, he headed Strategic planning & business development for Novartis Pharma. He was involved as a core team member for the project “Business Strategy in India” with Mckinsey & Company.
Sunil then joined Sun Pharmaceuticals as Dy. GM, Strategic Business Research where he was responsible for a unit which gives strategic analysis & decision support to top management team.
AMSAB 2019 conference