Dr. Savitri Joshi
Assistant Professor (Statistics)
B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D.
Areas of Specialisation
Survival Analysis, Change-Point Problems, Statistics
- Worked as a Statistical Officer in the Planning Department, Govt. of Rajasthan from March 2016 to August 2017.
- Worked as a Guest Faculty of Statistics in University College of Science, MLSU Udaipur from August 2012 to January 2013.
- Ph.D in Statistics on ‘Inference for Change-Points and Related Problems under Censoring’ from Central University of Rajasthan, 2017.
- Master of Science in Statistics, Mohan Lal Sukhadia University Udaipur, 2012 (Second Rank in the University) – 83.40%
- Bachelor of Science with specialization in Statistics, Physics and Mathematics, Mohan Lal Sukhadia University Udaipur, 2010 – 75.95%
Areas of Research Interest
Survival Analysis, Change-Point Problems, Circular Distributions, Statistical Inference, Reliability Theory
- Bhati, D. and Joshi, S. (2017). Weighted Geometric Distribution. Communication in Statistics: Theory and Methods, DOI 10.1080/03610926.2017.1321765.
- Joshi, S. and Jose, K. K. (2017). Wrapped Lindley Distribution. Communication in Statistics: Theory and Method, DOI 10.1080/03610926.2017.1280168.
- Joshi, S., Jose, K. K., and Bhati, D. (2016). Estimation of a change-point in the hazard rate of Lindley model under right censoring. Communications in Statistics: Simulation and Computation, DOI 10.1080/03610918.2015.1096381.
- Sharma, A., Verma, H. K., Joshi, S., Panwar, M. S. & Mandal, C. C. (2015). A link between cold environment and cancer. Tumor Biology, 36 (8): 5953-5964.
- Presented a paper entitled “Change-Point Problems: An Application to Survival Analysis” in Research Fair 2016 organized by School of Mathematics, Statistics and Computational Sciences, Central University of Rajasthan On March 11, 2016.
- Presented a poster entitled “An Overview of Financial Risk Management : An Opportunity for Statistical Research” in a national workshop and conference on “Statistical Methods in Finance” during July 13-17, 2015 jointly organized by Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) Chennai and Chennai mathematical Institute (CMI).
- Presented a paper entitled “Inference for Change-Point Problems” in “National Meet of Research Scholars in Mathematical Sciences” during December 8-12, 2014 held at Department of Statistics, University of Jammu.
- Presented a paper entitled “Detection and Estimation of a Sporadic Change in the Hazard Rate of Lindley Model under Right Censoring” in the national conference of “Indian Society of Medical Statistics” during November 1-3, 2014 held at Department of Statistics, University of Jammu.
- Presented a paper entitled “Detection of a Change-Point in the Bone marrow Transplant Data” in the national conference on “Recent Advances in Statistics with Application in Finance and Actuarial Science (RASAFAS 2014)” during February14-15, 2014 held at Department of Statistics, Central University of Rajasthan.
- Participated in the national conference on “Time Series, Analytics & Recent Advances in Statistical Modelling (NCTAS- 2015)” during August 24-25, 2015 organized by Department of Statistics, Central University of Rajasthan.
- Participated in the “VI-MSS Workshop on Environmental Statistics (IUWES 2015)” jointly organized by Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) Kolkata and Statistical and Mathematical Sciences Institute (SAMSI) U.S.A. during March 2-4, 2015.
- Participated in the national workshop on “Inference in Stochastic Processes” during February 23-26, 2015 organized by Department of Statistics and Centre for Advanced Studies, Savitribai Phule Pune University.
- Participated in the pre-conference workshop on “Survival Analysis in Clinical Research” on October 31, 2014 held at Department of Statistics, University of Jammu.
- Participated in the three days lecture programme on “Mathematical Modelling and Data Analysis in Biology” held during October 27-29, 2014 held at Indian Institute of Mandi.
- Participated in the international conference on “Social Economic Challenges and Sustainable Solutions” at C R Rao Advanced Institute of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Sciences, Hyderabad during December 28-31, 2013.
- Participated in the national conference on “Recent Advances in Statistics and their Applications to Finance, Actuarial Sciences and Other Areas (RASAFAS 2013)” during February 22-23, 2013 held at Department of Statistics, Central University of Rajasthan.
Membership of Academic Bodies
- Annual member of Indian Science Congress Association (ISCA) for the year 2015-16.
- Annual member of Indian Society of Probability and Statistics (ISPS) for the year 2015-16.
- Three years membership of International Indian Statistical Association (IISA) from 2015-2018.
- “Best Oral Presentation Award in Statistics” in the Research Fair, organized by School of Mathematics, Statistics and Computational Science, Central University of Rajasthan on 11 March, 2016.
- Received the “Best Oral Presentation Award in Statistics” at “National Meet of Research Scholars in Mathematical Sciences 2014”, held at University of Jammu during 8-12 December, 2014 and sponsored by SERB, DST, Govt. of India.
- Qualified UGC NET in November, 2014.
- Secured “second rank” at university level in M.Sc. (Statistics) in 2012.
- “Gargi Puruskar” by Balika Shiksha Foundation, Jaipur, Govt. of Rajasthan in 2005.
- ‘C’ Certificate with ‘A’ grade in N.C.C. Air Wing (2009).
- ‘B’ Certificate in N.C.C. Air Wing (2008).
- ‘Rashtrapati Award’ in Scout & Guide (2005) (a national level honor).
- ‘Rajya Puraskar’ in Scout & Guide (2004) (a state level honor).
- ‘Rajsamand Gourav’ for Cultural Activities (a district level honor) (2001).
- Successfully completed ‘Bhushan’ examination, in Vocal Music, from Akhil Bhartiya Gandharva Mahavidhyalaya Mumbai, in 2005.
- Received many interschool prizes in cultural activities.
- Worked as a Head of the student/scholars committee in the organization of various national conferences and workshops at Central University of Rajasthan.
- Assisted the M.Sc. students in their major project during Ph.D.
Official Email Id