Dr. Nancy S. Pandita
Ph. D. (Organic Chemistry)
Areas of Specialisation
- Books: 2
- Research Papers: More than 70
- Reports: Two Dossiers on Saracaindica and Azadiarachtaindica
- Patents: 4
- UGC fellow during Ph.D.
- Best Research Award in 2009 in NMIMS Deemed to be University.
- Six P. D. Sethi Awards for best Research Papers - 2011, 2012, 2013,2014
Area of Researchs
Dr. Nancy Pandita has done work on number of plants/herbals/Ayurvedic drugs. She has expertise in isolation of chemical constituents from plants, their standardization, validation by HPLC and HPTLC. She has done a lot of work for drug development and finding new drug candidates from herbals. She has developed a unique method for fingerprinting of plants/formulations by LC/MS/MS.
Current Academic Activities
- No. of Ph. D. Students: Eight (Ongoing)
- Ongoing Research Projects: Three year research project entitled “Investigations on the Cytochrome P450 (CYP450) interaction potential of some medicinal plants” funded by DBT (Amount: Rs. 38.74 Lakhs).
- She has got research projects worth over Rs. 1.33 crore from Government funding institutions such as DBT, ICMR, AYUSH, and BARC besides some industries like Colgate and Gufic Biosciences Ltd.
- Member Board of Studies SNDT University
- Moderator for M.Sc. at SNDT University
- Interview Panel of SNDT University
- Editorial Board of BMJ
- Editorial Board of International Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research (IJCPR)
- Honorary Secretary of C.B. Patel Research Centre
- Reviewer of Journal of Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Reviewer for Journal of planner Chromatography