Dr. SUDESHNA CHANDRA
Organic Chemistry (M.Sc); Analytical (PhD)
Areas of Specialisation
Current Topic of Research:
Nanomaterials, Electrochemistry, Nano-Biosensor, Nanocatalyst, Energy Devices
ONGOING RESEARCH PROJECTS
- Development of electrochemical nanobiosensors based on dendrimer magnetic nanoparticles for early detection of liver cancer (2017): Funded by Nanomission, Department of Science and Technology, Government of India.
- In vivo imaging and tracking of iron oxide nanoparticles labelled stem cells for osteochondral repair (2017): Funded by Department of Biotechnology, Government of India.
- Development of prototype supercapacitors based on conducting polymer and metal nanoferrites (2017): Funded by NMIMS (Deemed to be University)
COMPLETED RESEARCH PROJECTS
- Self-assembled monolayers of end-functionalized first and second generation dendrimers and macrocycles towards ion-recognition (2008-2011): Funded by Department of Science and Technology, Government of India.
- Fabrication of dendritic magnetomers for biomedical applications (2011-2014): Funded by Department of Science and Technology, Government of India.
- Development of electrochemical biosensors for liver diseases (2016-2017): Funded by NMIMS (Deemed to be University)
GOOGLE SCHOLAR CITATIONS TILL DATE: 2004
- Patents: 2
- Publications: 60+
- A biosensor comprising functionalized magnetic nanoparticles, Indian patent: Reference: 1898/mum/2011)
- Energy storage device with dendrimer functionalized nanoparticles and fabrication method thereof, Indian patent: Reference: 267/mum/2014)
- 2013: Received Peter Salamon Young Scientist award in the 3rd Meeting on Frontiers in Biomagnetic Particles on 5th July, 2013 at Telluride organized by the Telluride Science Research Centre, Colorado, USA.
- 2011-2014: DST Women Scientist award
- 2007-2011: DST Young Scientist award
- 2004-2006: Awarded Humboldt Fellowship by Alexander von Humboldt Foundation to work under Prof. Dr. Heinrich Lang in the Department of Chemistry, Chemnitz Technical University, Chemnitz, Germany from 1.5.2004 till 31.7.2006.
- 2002: Awarded DST-DAAD fellowship under Indo- German Project based Personnel Exchange Program to work under Prof. Dr. Heinrich Lang in the Department of Chemistry, Chemnitz Technical University, Chemnitz, Germany
- 2001-2003: Research Associateship by the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, Government of India, New Delhi, INDIA
- 1996-1998: Awarded Senior Research Fellowship by the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, Government of India, New Delhi, INDIA
- Paper entitled “Dendrimer-Magnetic Nanoparticles as Electrode Material for Supercapacitors” presented at the Workshop on Materials Science for Energy Storage to be held at The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics, Trieste, Italy from June 11-15, 2015.
- Talk on “Dendrimer-Magnetic Nanoparticles as Multiple Stimuli Responsive and Enzymatic Drug Delivery Vehicle” at 10th International Conference on the Scientific and Clinical Applications of Magnetic Carriers held at Dresden, Germany from June 10-14, 2014.
- Paper entitled “Spectroelectrochemical, impedimetric and biomagnetic catechol sensor based on polyaniline-iron oxide magnetic nanocomposite” presented at the 3rd meeting on Frontiers in Biomagnetic Particles at Telluride, Colorado, USA from 2-5 June 2013.
- Paper entitled “Design of a glucose amperometric biosensor by novel arginated Fe3O4 nanoparticles” presented at the 8th International Conference on the Scientific and Clinical Applications of Magnetic Carrier held at Rostock, Germany from May 25-29, 2010.
- Paper entitled “Crown ether and triethylene glycol ether end-capped carbosilane dendrimers and their use as chemical sensors” accepted for poster presentation in Leopoldina Meeting “Dendrimers: Platform for Chemical Functionality” at Heidelburg, Germany from March 18-19, 2005.
- Paper entitled “Chemical Sensor for Lanthanum (III) Determination using Aza Crown as Ionophore in PVC Matrix” accepted for oral presentation in the 9th International Meeting on Chemical Sensors to be held at Boston, USA during July 7-10, 2002.
- Paper entitled “A quadridentate macrocyclic PVC based membrane sensor for magnesium” presented in the Eighth International Conference on Bioinorganic Chemistry, held at Yokohama, Japan in July 27 to August 1,1997.
- Paper entitled “A solid polystyrene macrocyclic based sensor for silver” accepted for presentation in the Thirty secondth International Conference on Coordination Chemistry, held at Santiago, Chile in August 24 to 29,1997.
- Paper entitled “Synthesis, characterization and kinetics of a nickel complex of Me4(14) tetraene macrocyclic ligand” accepted for presentation in the Ninth International Symposium on Molecular Recognition held at Lyon, France during September 7 to 12, 1996.
Life member of Indian Science Congress Association, Kolkata, India
Life member of Alexander von Humboldt Stiftung/Foundation, Bonn, Germany
Life member of Society of Materials Chemistry, Mumbai, India
Life member of Indian Women Scientists’ Association, Mumbai, India
Selected Publications in the Last 3 Years
- Maneka Hoonjan, Geetanjali Sachdeva, Sudeshna Chandra, Prashant Suresh Kharkar, Nitesh kumar Sahu and Purvi J Bhatt, Investigation of HSA as a biocompatible coating material for Arsenic Trioxide Nanocles, RSC Nanoscale (2018) doi:10.1039/C7NR09503A (Impact factor: 7.367).
- Ruchita Shelat, Sudeshna Chandra and Aparna Khanna, Detailed toxicity evaluation of β-cyclodextrin coated iron oxide nanoparticles for biomedical applications, International Journal of Biological Macromolecules (2018) 110, 357-365 (Impact factor: 3.671).
- Gita Singh and Sudeshna Chandra, Electrochemical Performance of MnFe2O4 Nano-Ferrites Synthesized Using Thermal Decomposition Method, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy (2018) 43, 4058-4066 (Impact factor: 3.582).
- Sudeshna Chandra, Michael Meyer, Antje Bauemner, PAMAM dendrimers: a multifunctional nanomaterial for ECL biosensors, Talanta (2017) 168, 126–129 (Impact factor: 4.035)
- Delina Joseph, Raul D. Rodriguez, Akash Verma, Elaheh Pousaneh, Dietrich R. T. Zahn, Heinrich Lang and Sudeshna Chandra, Electrochemistry and surface-enhanced Raman spectroscopy of CTAB modulated interactions of magnetic nanoparticles with biomolecules, RSC Advances (2017) 7, 3628- 3634 (Impact factor: 3.289)
- Sudeshna Chandra, Christian Gäbler, Christian Schliebe, Heinrich Lang and Dhirendra Bahadur, Fabrication of a label-free electrochemical immunosensor using a redox active ferrocenyl dendrimer, New Journal of Chemistry (2016) 40, 9046-9053 (Impact factor: 3.277)
- Delina Joseph, Shilpee Sachar, Nand Kishore, Sudeshna Chandra, Mechanistic insights into the interactions of magnetic nanoparticles with bovine serum albumin in presence of surfactants, Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces (2015), 135, 596-603 (Impact factor: 4.152).
- Vaibhav Jadhav, Shilpee Sachar, Sudeshna Chandra, D. Bahadur, Purvi Bhatt, Synthesis and characterization of arsenic trioxide nanoparticles and their in vitro cytotoxicity studies on mouse fibroblast and prostrate cancer cell lines, Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (2015), 15, 1-7 (Impact factor: 1.56).
- Purva Sanganeria, Sudeshna Chandra, Dhirendra Bahadur, Aparna Khanna, Effect of HSA coated iron oxide labeling on human umbilical cord derived mesenchymal stem cells, Nanotechnology (2015) 26, 125103. DOI:10.1088/0957-4484/26/12/125103 (Impact factor: 3.672).
- Sudeshna Chandra, Mumukshu D. Patel, Heinrich Lang, Dhirendra Bahadur, Fabrication of dendrimer-functionalized magnetic nanoparticles for energy storage devices, Journal of Power Sources, (2015) 280, 217–226 (Impact factor: 6.217).
- Sudeshna Chandra, Carola Mende, Dhirendra Bahadur, Alexander Hildebrandt, and Heinrich Lang, Fabrication of a porphyrin-based electrochemical biosensor for detection of nitric oxide released by cancer cells, Journal of Solid State Electrochemistry, (2015) 19, 169-177 (Impact factor: 2.234).
- Dipa Dutta, Sudeshna Chandra, Akshaya K. Swain, Dhirendra Bahadur, SnO2 quantum dots-reduced graphene oxide composite for enzyme-free ultrasensitive electrochemical detection of urea, Analytical Chemistry (2014) 86, 5914-5921 (Impact factor: 5.825).
- Saumya Nigam, Sudeshna Chandra, Donald Newgreen, Dhirendra Bahadur, and Qizhi Chen, Poly(ethylene glycol) modified PAMAM-Fe3O4-doxorubicin triads with potential for improved therapeutic efficacy: generation-dependent increased drug loading and retention at neutral pH and increased release at acid pH, Langmuir (2014) 30, 1004-1011 (Impact factor: 4.384).
- Sudeshna Chandra, Saumya Nigam, D. Bahadur, Combining unique properties of dendrimers and magnetic nanoparticles towards cancer theranostics, Journal of Biomedical Nanotechnology (2013) 9, 1-18 (Impact factor: 7.578).
- Sudeshna Chandra, H. Lang, D. Bahadur, Polyaniline-iron oxide nanohybrids film as multi-functional label-free electrochemical and biomagnetic sensor for catechol, Analytica Chimica Acta (2013) 795, 8-14 (Impact factor: 4.517).
- Anand Prakash, Sudeshna Chandra, D. Bahadur, Structural, magnetic and textural properties of iron oxide-reduced graphene oxide hybrids and their use for the electrochemical detection of chromium, Carbon (2012), 50, 4209-4219 (Impact factor: 6.160).
- M. Niraj Luwang, Sudeshna Chandra, D. Bahadur, S. K. Srivastava, Dendrimer facilitated synthesis of multifunctional lanthanide based hybrid nanomaterials for biological applications, Journal of Material Chemistry, (2012) 22, 3395-3403 (Impact factor: 6.101).
- Sudeshna Chandra, Neerav Barola and Dhirendra Bahadur, Impedimetric biosensor for early detection of cervical cancer, Chemical Communications (2011), 47, 11258-11260 (Impact factor: 6.378).
- Sudeshna Chandra, K. C. Barick, D. Bahadur, Oxide and hybrid nanostructures for therapeutic applications, Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews, (2011) 63, 1267-1281 (Impact factor: 12.707).
- Sudeshna Chandra, Sascha Dietrich, Heinrich Lang, D. Bahadur, Dendrimer- Doxorubicin conjugate for enhanced therapeutic effects for cancer, Journal of Materials Chemistry (2011) 21, 5729-5737 (Impact factor: 6.101).