Dr. Ali Irani
Honorary Professor - Physiotherapy
Ph.D, B.Physio, DPT
Areas of Specialisation
- “HITRA ORATION” Award in 1994 for achievements made in the field of Physiotherapy
- Lifetime Achievement Award by Indian Association of Physiotherapy, 2004
- Awarded Fellowship by Indian Association of Sports Medicine, 2005
- Awarded Fellowship by Indian Association of Physiotherapists, 2005
- Best Citizens of India award 2011
- Journalist Federation of India- National Award for BEST DOCTOR ORTHO AND PHYSIO
- Best Physiotherapist Award in India from Medscape in 2014.
- Lifetime Achievement Award by Heritage Foundation, Health and Wellness, 2017
- Physiotherapist for the Indian Cricket Team, 1987-1997.
- Member Board of studies NMIMS University, Mumbai, D Y Patil University, Pimpri
- Academic Council Rajiv Gandhi University of Health sciences, Bangalore
- Worked as researcher at Bombay Hospital, 1985-86.
- Presented papers on Knee Mobility, Backache, Hammer Tone for Frozen Shoulder, Fitness & Sports injuries at various national and international conferences.
- Held workshops on innovative physiotherapy & sports medicine at various physiotherapy & medical colleges nationally and internationally
- Delivered lecture for Diploma in Sports Medicine at N.I.S, Patiala
- Conducted a workshop for the Iranian Physiotherapy Association, 2004 and 2005.
- Train state and national level athletes to improve their performance
- Holding rural physiotherapy camps (Community Based Rehabilitation)
- Delivers lectures for Physiotherapy Colleges all over India.
- Set up physiotherapy and rehabilitation centre in Bhuj, Gujarat for earthquake victims
- Examiner and Lecturer for students of Masters of Fine Arts (Dance), Bombay University
- Faculty for P.G. students at various universities
- PhD guide at various universities in India.
- Lectures on Disaster Management
Current Academic Activities
- Teaching: Master of Physiotherapy
- Mentor for Ph. D. Students: 8 (Completed): 3 (Ongoing)
- Life Member of Indian Association of Sports Medicine
- Vice-President of Bombay Suburban Amateur Athletic Association
- Vice-President of Mumbai Suburban School Sports Association.